You can never get enough interview practice, which is why we recommend leveraging InterviewStream. This online tool allows you to not only participate in practice interviews using pre-recorded questions but also to playback your performance immediately afterwards.
Make no mistake, it can be awkward – but I promise that it can also be an extraordinarily valuable way to practice presenting yourself! First impressions matter and this is a good chance to test what you (and others) see.
Email us for access to InterviewStream!
To utilize InterviewStream, you will need a webcam and a computer with Adobe Flash 10 (this means you can’t practice with an iPad). Once you are set up with those tools, follow the instructions below:
- Go to http://sparreyconsulting.interviewstream.com.
- If you don’t already have Flash, follow the site’s prompts to download and install it.
- On the top right-hand side of the screen, log in to your account.
- The site will automatically take you to the User Dashboard; click on the Conduct an Interview button.
- Choose Created For Me. For your first practice, select “2020 What do you do?” Underneath the selection, click on the option to Choose This Interview.
- The site will prompt you to a connection test which shouldn’t take more than a minute or two; when the test is done, click Next.
- The site will prompt you to a webcam test; click Allow to ensure your webcam is working correctly.
- When the webcam test is done, the site will prompt you to your first practice interview question.
- The interviewer should appear on the screen; follow the instructions and answer the first question within the amount of time specified (3 minutes maximum). If you complete your response with time remaining, click on the screen when you are done.
- After completing each question, you have the option to review, to go to the next question, or, to retry; select which option you prefer.
- Any time you would like to stop the interview, press the X in the corner of the webcam box.
- Click submit when you are done with your interview.
- Invite a user to assess the interview for you. You can invite anyone to review your interview. At the time you send the invite, you will have the option to invite them to review only this interview OR any interview that you have completed. You will get valuable feedback from others’ perspective.